Exam Room Assistant Job Opportunity!!
Castlegar Veterinary Hospital is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic professional to join our team as an Exam Room Assistant. Prior training in Veterinary medicine or successful completion of a Veterinary Office Assistant course is required. This is a full-time opportunity with room for growth and expansion of skills, work weeks will range from 36-40 hrs.
We provide many services such as wellness examinations, immunizations, surgery, radiology, ultrasound, in-house lab and more. The exam room assistant contributes significantly to the client/patient flow throughout the hospital. Our exam room assistants work directly with the doctors during their appointments to help provide exceptional patient and client care and help educate clients regarding veterinary care procedures and protocols.
Candidates for the position must be comfortable working with the public in a customer service position, and must be comfortable interacting directly with pets. We are looking for a staff member that is a team-players who can multi-task while also maintaining close attention to details in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate must have great work-ethic, possess strong communication and customer service skills and be team focused.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Greet clients and escort them and their pets into an exam room
• Follow established procedure in order to assist veterinarians with exams and facilitate the flow of clients and patients through the hospital (Taking a TPR/patient history, meds administration etc.)
• Appointment scheduling
• Answer/Make appropriate phone calls
• Anticipate and prepare any medications or vaccines the doctor will need to treat the patient
• Review treatment plans with clients
• Ensure all procedures rendered during the visit are document for proper billing
• Clean and stock exam rooms
• Demonstrate warmth, courtesy and professionalism in all interactions with clients.
• Educate clients regard preventive medicine, vaccination requirements, the importance of pre-anesthetic wellness screening, fecal, urinalysis, heartworm checks, FeLV testing etc.
• Promote the practice’s products, programs, and services by making suggestions to clients about products appropriate for their pet’s condition as well as giving clients handouts and educational materials to take home to further their understanding of veterinary issues.
• Competitive wages based on experience
• Extended health and dental benefits
• Continuing education
• Veterinary Services at a reduced rate
The Castlegar area offers tremendous outdoor recreational opportunities including hiking, biking, golfing, skiing and more! The community boasts various arts and garden societies and provides something for everyone. Centrally located within the Interior of BC, Castlegar is less than an hour drive from both Trail and Nelson and is just over an hour to the Washington border.Please e-mail your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Dr. Dennison/Rachel Shkuratoff. Resumes with no cover letter will not be considered